Chariot's Wheels is dedicated to my parents; to Hermes, Thoth and Antinous in all His forms; to Isis of Ten Thousand Names and Inanna, both Queens of Heaven; and to the Theban Sacred Band of whom, Phillip II of Macedonian said: "Perish any man who suspects that these men either did or suffered anything unseemly."
This site started as a personal homepage back in the days of CompuServ. It has seen many iterations and permutations since then. In its new incarnation I hope that it will come to be a resource and a safe haven for those who need it.
As the death toll ascribed to "bullycide" continues to mount, I hope more and more that people in need will find Chariot's Wheels. I know the site is still growing and needs more tending, but it's here for you as much as for me. Chariot's Wheels will always be a safe haven for those in need, and I will always strive to be here for anyone who needs a sympathetic ear, a shoulder to cry on, or just a sounding board.
I haven't updated the site dedication/introduction in a long time, but today I was moved to tears by something I wish to share.
Tabula Sanctorum of the Ekklesía Antínoou (This site has become private, alas, but I will leave this link here)
Halfway down the page you will the list of Testis Innocentes (which I believe is Latin and roughly translates to: Innocent Witnesses), among whom the site creator (P. Sufenas Virius Lupus) lists:
- the Sodomites burned at the stake during the domination of the Church
- the Men of the Pink Triangle and Blue Stripe, executed in the Holocaust
- those lost to the AIDS pandemic
- all victims of homophobic and transphobic violence
- all LGBTQ suicides
And further you will see Testis Heroici (Heroic Witnesses):
- the Sacred Band of Thebes, and their founders Pelopidas, Gorgidas, and Epaminondas
- Epaminondas’ lovers Asopichus and Caphisodorus
- the Band’s final commander, Theagenes (Sacred Band destroyed on August 20, 338 BCE)
Blessed Be Antinous in all His forms.
- Category: Dedication
- Hits: 3684